Update: I'll see if keeping this series alive is a viable option. Perhaps, the people don't care much about the jargon.
The upcoming series will be called "Intro to Open Source."
Here is the outline of the entire series. For each question, there will be a post about it.
- What is open source?
- Why should we care about open source?
- What is in it for me with open source?
- School: Windows XP, a mixed experience.
- What is software freedom (FOSS)?
- What is GNU/Linux?
- What is Debian?
- What is Ubuntu?
- Ubuntu vs. Windows XP: a comparison.
- School: Ubuntu, a worthy alternative to Windows?
This will be a fun ride. :)